Sunday 23 June 2013

Laneige Water Sleeping Pack Ex

My second most favourite product on my shelf right now- Laneige's Water Sleeping Pack Ex
 
I don't remember how I chanced upon this product, but perhaps it was after getting a sample of this at a Laneige counter. I tried it for a few nights and fell in love!

I have sensitive skin and what I always thought was combination or acne prone skin. After using this product, I realize I may have been wrong to have used lots of harsh acne-preventive products to try to combat my problem! 

What I think I have now is this: sensitive, oily- underneath, and dry on top, skin. What a mouthful!

 What I have realized after using this product is, I wake up with skin that is smoother, brighter and the small pimples that I used to get all over my forehead that never seemed to leave me... have completely gone! I kid you not.

What this sleeping pack aims to do is provide intense hydration, vitality and a brightening effect during the hours you sleep, which is when skin cells are renewing themselves and working their hardest. :P
 
I use about a dollar sized dollop at the end of my routine. It is a lovely, light, gel- like texture that smells heavenly and spreads very easily.

My routine follows as such:

Remove make up 
Cleanse with Cetaphil (another product I believe has helped my skin immensely!)
Layer a thin film of Vichy Norma Derm Night (I will review this soon- I love it!)
Spot treat pimples (if necessary) with Vichy Active Anti-Imperfection Concentrate   
and then...

Laneige Water Sleeping Pack Ex.
 
 It spreads easily and it may seem like a lot of product to use at first, but keep massaging it into your skin, in gentle strokes, including some on your neck, and even gently under your eyes, and it all absorbs in a few minutes.
 
Once dry it is smooth and not sticky or moist at all! 

I used to think... so weird... sleeping with a mask on overnight? But it is ok because it completely dries. 

When I wake up, my skin is slightly oilier and shinier, but this product does NOT make me break out at all. After washing my face with Cetaphil, my skin looks moist and plump and smooth! If I could see little spots threatening to break out the night before, after using this overnight, I swear those spots just disappear! It definitely soothes the skin, perhaps with that antioxidant effect from one of their ingredients, Hunza Apricot extracts.

We are meant to use it 1-2x a week but I have used it everyday and every other day some weeks, and there have been no side effects! It just runs out faster and you need to stock up again ;)

This is one awesome product I cannot live without! I really want to try their Firming Sleeping Pack next!
 
Retails for SGD 45. 

 

1 comment:

Leave a comment! :)