Friday 21 June 2013

Laneige White Plus Renew Original Essence

My long overdue post on one of my favourite skin care products ever! 

  

A few months ago I chanced upon this new product: Laneige White Plus Renew Original Essence. I don't have a problem with sunspots or much pigmentation, but I was slightly bothered about uneven and dull skintone, which this product claimed to help in 2-4 weeks. 

 

What this product claimed to do was help with 6 functions: Luster, Moisture, Brightness, Evens Skin Tone, Slows Melanin Rate and Reduces Dullness.
I have tried some Laneige products and they didn't make my sensitive skin break out, so I bought this with no real expectations. 

 
 back of the bottle all in Korean

Within a week of using it, my skin seemed brighter (and thankfully, no breakouts at all!). At week 2, I met a good friend and she noticed how my skin seemed much brighter and translucent!

I was sold! (I wasn't paid to try this, I bought it with my own money!) As I have continued to use it every morning after cleansing, even with just once daily usage (we are meant to use it twice a day), my skin has improved considerably. I must be into month 4 or 5 of using this now...

My skin tone has evened out a lot, especially around the nose and mouth areas which often tend to be slightly darker for most women. In fact, I sometimes only use concealor around my eyes and my entire face brightens up without needing concealor around the nose and mouth areas! That's how well it works!
If you are going after the fair, milky, translucent complexion Korean actresses have, you must try this product. 

 

What I do after cleansing is take about a 5cent sized (or less) squirt of this, and take a bit and smooth it over small areas at a time. Because of its runny texture, it spreads very easily and absorbs very quickly. After that, I cup both palms over my face and neck at different sections to further allow the essence to absorb. (I dunno, some trick I saw on their website, or maybe the Sulwhasoo website haha). 


I obviously use more than this, but even with this small amount, you can see how runny the texture is.  
 Spread it a little...
 
 And in no time it is completely absorbed and your skin is ready for the next step!
 
Following the essence I use a bit of Vichy pimple cream on spots if needed, but definitely follow with sunblock

It has the signature Laneige scent, which is lovely, not too heavily perfumed. Laneige products are free of mineral oils, artificial pigments, animal products and parabens apparently! This essence is no exception. 

I haven't finished this bottle,  but my friend, sister and mom have all ordered it to use! ;) Says something about the results! 

 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your review, it's very informative! I'm deciding on whether to splurge on this. I've never tried Laneige products before. How long would you say a bottle lasts for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cece! Thanks! I think a bottle would last you 5-6 months if you use twice a day. I use mine once a day and it's lasted me beyond that! Let me know your thoughts if you do try it... Laneige products are quite mild so it should be ok :)

      Delete

Leave a comment! :)