Tuesday 30 October 2012

Chanel Correcteur Perfection Long- Lasting Concealer Review

 Early October, I was in desperate need of a good concealer. I have tried soooo many, but one or the other just didn't cut it. Either that, or it gives me oil bumps. So far, so good with this Chanel one, I've been using it for about 3 weeks now. 

I headed to the Chanel counter at Isetan Scotts, and had the kind sales assistant help me out. She picked out this shade. There are only two, and no. 20 is slightly darker. 

 Which was kinda weird, cos both my sisters use no. 20. Oh well. She tried it out, and the Chanel makeup mirror allows you to see how the concealer works under a number of different lighting like natural white light, candle light... don't remember what else. Since no. 10 worked for me, I got it. 

A swatch of it. Oops, didn't get a photo of it blended out, or how it covers my dark circles, but trust me, it's very easy to blend out and covers dark circles pretty well. You may need something more opaque for blemishes though, but I use it around my nose and mouth area.

What I like about it: It doesn't settle into the fine lines under the eyes. After blending it out, all I need to do is lightly pat some powder over it and it's done! (It's a different story with the eye crease though, but a little powder helps.) Also, all I need for my under-eyes and the area around my nose and mouth, as well as about 4 scars is maybe two swipes of the brush applicator.

Will try to get a photo of how well it covers my panda eyes and update again. 

Coverage- Medium. 
Texture- Slightly gel- like and very light on the skin. Not watery. Very easy to blend out as well, just use your 4th finger to lightly pat it in.
Color- Looks beige, but matches my fair skin (Asian, with slight yellow undertones)

How it wears- Very well! It lasts almost a whole day, even once when I cried (another story), it took some off, but generally stayed pretty well. Love that it doesn't crease and feels light on the skin. Has a faint scent that's quite pleasant. Definitely does not break me out. Yay!

Retails for SGD44.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! :)