Wednesday 31 October 2012

Holika Holika Jewel Light Waterproof Eyeliner and Laneige Creamy Crystal Eyeliner Review

 Recently got the Holika Holika eyeliner off Gmarket for a mere $5.90 before shipping... and had to test it out. I had already tried the Laneige eyeliner in the past, but decided to review them together. 

The Laneige one is in N03 Navy Blue, and the Holika one is 05 Brown Amber. 

 The navy blue isn't extremely pigmented, but a lighter blue shade, I guess? You can see that the Holika brown is really quite solid though. This is a swatch of the colors just drawn. 

 I smudged them right away, and surprisingly, the Laneige one didn't budge! But the Holika one did. 

Here's a closeup of the very subtle sparkle bits in the eyeliners. Personally I like a little bit of shine because flat color tends to look a little old on the face. Not too much, so these were just nice. 

After this, I tried to take them off with water and some soap. With some rubbing, the Laneige one, though it claims to be waterproof, came off rather easily. The Holika one though pretty much stayed in place! It did come off a little, but it definitely needed waterproof eye makeup remover to be taken off. 

Lesson learnt- Let the Holika eyeliner dry up for a few minutes. 

Later that day, I used the Holika eyeliner. It was super easy to draw, it glided on very easily. I smudged it just a tiny bit (don't like harsh lines) and it stayed on for a good 6 hours, of which I did a lot of walking under the hot sun and sweated quite a lot. 

Verdict- for $5.90, the Holika Holika eyeliners are a steal! I would probably not buy the Laneige ones again though. Though it has staying power, I really didn't like that it wasn't pigmented enough. It is very easy to use though, and draws on very smoothly. 

Laneige eyeliner bought for about $18 from Korea, Holika Holika for $5.90 from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! :)