Wednesday 16 January 2013

Bio Oil Review

 A friend bought this for me some time back, and seeing how much I've used, I guess it's safe to give a proper review on this much hyped about oil. 

So we moms have given birth to a kid (or 2 or 3 for some of them!) and one friend was saying that her nurse mother in law had recommended it to her and it helped her prevent stretch marks during pregnancy, or something like that. 

 These are the things it supposedly helps to prevent/aid. I started using it mainly for dehydrated skin on my legs and some uneven skin tone on the body.

It has herbs and plant extracts as well, here's the full list.

 It's a very light oil, very faintly orange in colour. After massaging in, it does feel non-greasy, but takes about a minute or two to fully absorb into the skin. See the spot of eczema on my hand at the bottom of the above picture? I tried to show how moisturizing it is below. 

It leaves a slight sheen on the skin, and you can see that that eczema spot does look less dry. 


After a minute, it is pretty much absorbed. 

Verdict-

I wouldn't recommend to use it on the face unless you have normal- dry skin. I've seen reviews of it being used to lighten acne scars, but I think adding oil to oily-combination face won't help. I haven't tried but I doubt so. I tried it on my legs and unfortunately, it doesn't moisturize my skin enough. 

For uneven skin spots like scars, I also found it didn't help at all! I don't feel it lightened like it claimed it would.

So no, I won't be buying this again. Though it does smell nice, light and pleasant.

Retails for about SGD 15-16, I have seen it at Watsons before. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jo,

    How can we reach you? I cannot find a Contact Us button on your page. Can you please drop me an email? Thanks!

    brianarthur00@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I have sent an email to you !

      Delete
  2. Such a good post in terms of beauty products! There are lots of products but we need to make sure that we are using the effective and safe.


    helsekost

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! :)